- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Forensic Engineering
- Power Plan Design
He is a registered professional engineer in NC and SC with 12 years of structural design and project management experience with several A/E consulting firms. Additionally, he started and managed his own forensics engineering firm for 12 years, and he continues to consult and give seminars. He supports and promotes the engineering profession by teaching review sessions for the FE exam and the PE exam and by serving on committees for ASCE and NSPE. Both have recognized his service to the education and engineering professions over the years with several awards including ASCE Outstanding Service and PENC Distinguished Service.
In his current position as Associate Director of EPIC, administratively he is involved in energy-curricula, industry affiliates, international partners, business development, and technical operations. Regarding technical operations, he leads the energy infrastructure research cluster and directs the EPIC Hi-Bay testing laboratory. He frequently represents EPIC at conferences and meetings, serving on panels and giving presentations on education and energy.
Degrees & Professional Registration:
- BSCE, MSCE, PhD
- PE in NC and in SC
- Experimental investigation of new building products
- Experimental evaluation of high-performance materials
- Nondestructive sensing for structural integrity
- Roadmaps for NC and SC Energy Future
- Development of Low-cost, Portable, Rapid NDI Tool for Wood
- Experimental Evaluation of Mechanical Behavior of Composite Insulators
- Analysis of Flexural Strength of Waterproofing
- Evaluation of Mechanical Behavior of Structural Insulated Panels
- Analysis of Combined Loading Charts for Insulators
- US Workshop: Forensic Engineering and Curriculum Development
- “Legal Proceeding Effects on Forensic Engineering Practices,” 2015 Forensic Engineering Congress, Nov. 15-18, 2015, Miami, FL
- “Results of Cantilever Load Testing on a Porcelain Insulator,” final report submitted to EPRI, December 9, 2014.
- “Evaluation of Tensile Behavior of Flexible Waterproofing,” final report submitted to CCS, October 10, 2014
- “Evaluation of Behavior in Racking of 8’ Foam System Wall Panels and 8’ OSB Wall Panels,” final report submitted to MaxLife, LLC, July 31, 2014.
- “Consideration of Human Factors in Investigations of Structural Failures," International Journal of Forensic Engineering, 1583(1), Vol.3/4, January, 2013, pp. 227-237.