- CEGR 3255 Structural Materials Lab
- CEGR 3225 Reinforced Concrete Design 1
- CEGR 5247 Sustainability
- CEGR 6090 Advanced Concrete Materials
- CEGR 6090 Prestressed Concrete Design
Brett Tempest is an Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UNC Charlotte. His research is related to the development and performance evaluation of concrete and masonry construction materials, particularly from the standpoint of sustainability. This includes incorporating natural and recycled materials, improving durability, safety, and understanding the lifecycle of products from cradle to cradle. He is also active in engineering education research related to building student diversity and integrating service learning into the engineering curriculum.
- Advanced Concrete Materials
- Sustainable Design
- Concrete Durability
- Low Energy Construction Materials
- Geopolymer Concretes
- Sanusi, O., Tempest, B., Ogunro, V., (2016) “Leaching Characteristics of Geopolymer Cement Concrete Containing Recycled Concrete Aggregates.” Journal of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste.
- Tempest, B., Gergely, J., Weggel, D. “Engineering Characterization of Strength and Elastic Properties of Geopolymer Cement Concrete Materials” Journal of Green Building V10 N4.
- Tempest, B., Snell, C., Gentry, T., Trejo, M., Isherwood, K. “Manufacture of full scale precast geopolymer cement concrete components: a case study to highlight opportunities and challenges.” PCI Journal. V60 N6: 39-50.
- Farinde, Abiola A., Brett Tempest, and Lisa Merriweather. "Service Learning: A Bridge to Engineering for Underrepresented Minorities." International Journal for Service Learning in Engineering, Humanitarian Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship (2014): 475-491.
- Whelan, M., Tempest, B., and Scott, D. (2014). “Influence of fire damage on the modal parameters of a prestressed concrete double-tee joist roof,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring
- Whelan, M., Tempest, B., and Scott, D. (2013). "Post Fire Nondestructive Evaluation of a Prestressed Concrete Double-Tee Joist Roof." J. Perform. Constr. Facil
- Tempest, Brett Q., and Miguel A. Pando. "Characterization and Demonstration of Reuse Applications of Sewage Sludge Ash." International journal of GEOMATE: geotechnique, construction materials and environment 4.1 (2013): 552-559.